In past blogs I have written about such things as journaling, focusing on your breath, and meditation. All of these activities will help us remove energetic blocks that we have inside of us. We want to remove these energetic blocks so we can connect with our intuition that was given to us as our birthright. What I writing about today is perhaps the single most important part of healing ourselves so we can move forward in our lives and lead a more fulfilling life. When we hold onto anger and resentments we are the ones that suffer and not the person that we are angry at or hold a resentment towards.
What is anger and what is resentment. I feel that a resentment is anger that I have held onto for a long time and turned inward with my anger. With time our inward anger has festered into a resentment, and I no longer have an objective grasp on the situation. When we suffer a wrong, or even a perceived wrong, we start harboring hatred and bitterness. This can be caused by many things, divorce, death of a loved one, betrayal, and other hurtful situations.
I always feel that when I am angry at a person or holding onto a resentment towards a person they are living rent free in my mind. They may not even know that I am angry or resentful towards them. All I have to do is see them or think about them and I can feel my body temperature rise from the anger and resentment I hold inside of me. They on the other hand, go about business as usual and may not even know that I am mad at them.
Holding onto anger and resentments can ruin the quality of your life. It certainly can make you sick. Illnesses from anger include such things as asthma, pneumonia, and even breast and lung cancer. All of these ailments come from discord in our heart chakra that is affected by the anger and resentments that we hold onto. The only person who suffers from your failure to forgive is you—certainly not the other person. When you stay angry and hostile it wears down your immune system and makes you more susceptible to illness and disease.
Get some help if you cannot let go of the anger from a divorce, a loved one betraying you, or whatever circumstance you cannot let go of. I know people that are still hanging onto resentments from their childhoods. They are angry at their parents and blame them for the situations that currently happen in their lives today. Certainly hanging onto anger and resentment all those years will cause you to be unhappy and may even make you sick. You certainly won’t be a pleasant person to be around.
Therefore one of the most powerful techniques you can use is the simple practice of forgiveness. It is only you that can change anything, and not the person that you are angry at. So take a deep breath and decide that you are going to let go of the resentments that you have stored in your body. Work towards getting rid of anger before it turns into resentments. One practice I do to help me get rid of my anger and resentments towards a person is this.
1) Sit in a chair so that you are comfortable. You can also do this sitting up in bed but make sure you do not fall asleep. Wherever you sit make sure you are comfortable, as if you are uncomfortable it will be harder for you to let go of the anger inside of you.
2) Visualize the person who you are angry at, being in front of you. I usually visualize that they are standing about five to ten feet in front of me.
3) If you are having trouble visualizing the person you are angry at, take some time to center yourself. Breathe in and out slowly. Slowly draw in a breath through your nose, taking about three to five seconds. Hold if for a few seconds, and then slowly release your breath through your mouth.
4) After you feel totally relaxed or feel like you have entered into an altered state of consciousness from your controlled breathing, focus on the person that you are angry at.
5) With your eyes closed keep focusing on the person you are angry at. Focus on this person on your in breath, when you are holding your breath, and when you are releasing your breath. Your breathing should eventually become automatic and this leaves you with all your attention for focusing on the person you are trying to visualize.
6) When the person you’re visualizing comes into view, surround them in white light. Ask the Divine to surround the visualized person in divine, white, healing light. Totally bath the visualized person in this white light.
7) Mentally or silently say to this person, I forgive you.”
8) As you see the person that you are angry with bathed in divine, white, light, mentally send them love. Open up your heart and send them love while mentally saying “I forgive you.”
9) It may take a good thirty minutes before you can begin to really feel love for this person that you are angry with. It may also take more than one session to get rid of the anger and resentment built up inside of you towaards a person.
10) Do this bathing the person in divine, white light, for as many times as it takes till you are ready to forgive the person and release your anger.
Remember that only you have the power to forgive another person and get rid of your anger. Also remember that it is you that is suffering by holding onto your anger and resentments inside of you. If you do not release this anger it could manifest into an illness such as high blood pressure or even cancer. You only have to forgive the person and you do not have to condone their behavior. What would you rather have; a healthy, vibrant body free of anger and resentment or a sick and diseased body that feels they are justified in holding onto their anger?
Russel Bruhn is a clairvoyant, Angel Therapy Practitioner (ATP) and an intuitive healer. He is a Reiki Master, Certified Hypnotherapist and trained in the area of Integrated Energy Therapy (IET).
Be sure to sure to subscribe to this blog for regular and practical tips on tapping into your Inner Wisdom and developing your intuition. (Just fill in the form on the right of the screen). Please leave any comments you have about this blog!